Sunday, March 4, 2012

I'll get back to starting in again but I have to post about this weeks weather.  This winter has been fantastic for running outside.  The temperature has been around 30 to high 40's with no snow.  Well we had 10 inches of snow back on October 28, 2011 and then the next storm was this week; March 1, 2012.  Here's a picture of Birnam Road, my regular route.

Needless to say, running was curtailed but I was able to get back out on the road Saturday and Sunday.  There is nothing like fresh, new fallen snow.  Colors are brighter and it's very quiet. It's like seeing the world for the first time.  I ran in last year's shoes....don't care if they get wet and muddy.

I'm running a three mile loop.  At this point I'm just trying to get my weight down and working on my breathing.  I get out of breath easily on some fairly small hills.  I'm starting to recover quicker once I reach the top of the hill and running on the flats is no problem.  So for this month I'm going to keep running 3 miles five times a week and maybe to increase it to 4 miles by the end of the month!


1 comment: